Why Buy Real Estate in Belize?
Belize Real Estate… Buying Belize Real Estate is one of the best investment decisions that you can make!
In a world of polluted air and water and images, a pristine place remains. Belize is a place where fresh air carries the fragrances of pine, flowers and sea. Belize is a place where smog and toxins do not intrude. Belize is small in population but vast in diversity; this English-speaking country specializes in leisure or non-stop environmental adventure. You can have it all–snorkel, dive, fish, explore, or play amateur archaeologist. Consider Belize the world’s tropical theme park!
Buying Belize real estate offers:
- Land title system that is very similar to UK, USA or Canada
- No restrictions on foreign land ownership
- English speaking lawyers ready to help you with your property purchase
- No capital gains tax
- No inheritance tax
- Property taxes are a fraction of what they are in Canada or USA
- Asset protection through creation of IBC (International Business Company) is very similar to BVI or Bahamas offshore company. You may open an offshore bank account effectively protecting your assets from Tax Authorities and litigation
- Excellent retiree program: Under Belize’s Qualified Retired Persons program, buyers over 45 are eligible for tax benefits, including exemptions on retirement income. When moving to Belize, qualified retirees can import motor vehicles, boats, aircraft, and personal effects, duty free. For details visit www.belizeretirement.org or call 1 800 624-0686
- Ambergris Caye is the #1 tourist and retirement destination in Belize
Buying Ambergris Caye Real Estate is one of the best investment decisions that you can make. Ambergris Caye is an island, so land supply and especially beachfront land, is limited. In the 1980’s half-acre beachfront parcels on the East Coast of Ambergris Caye were available for $10,000-$15,000 US. Now they are selling for $400,000-$700,000. Beachfront parcels on the West Coast of Ambergris Caye were available for as low as $100,000 US. We currently have records of the same parcels selling for $5 mil-$8 million US.
Coldwell Banker, experienced representatives in Belize real estate, recognizes the best potential for the land appreciation on the West Coast of Ambergris Caye. The east coast has had its glory days; prices have risen in value from as low as $1,000 per front foot of beach five years ago to $10,000 per foot today. In contrast, Western Coast properties can be purchased for as low as $2,000 per front foot and, in many cases, even lower. Ambergris Bay, located between Ambergris Caye and the Belize mainland coast, offers calm turquoise waters, incredible fishing, and expansive lagoon views with vibrant colorful sunsets. Belize is a tropical paradise without extensive flight time or confusing language and exchange rates. Belize is so beautiful and unspoiled that actor icon Leonardo Di Caprio has purchased an island in The Back Cayes of Ambergris Caye and is planning a luxury resort that will offer sumptuous eco-bungalows and a grass landing strip. Many other luxury hotel chains, such as Ritz Carlton and Hyatt, have visited Ambergris Bay in search of beachfront parcels or private islands. There is still time to claim your own dream of an exotic paradise by buying property in Belize.
Contact Coldwell Banker to make your dream come true.